What other Campers say about Hidden Bay:
- See you next year!
- It was safe and a good place to be, especially since it was my first time being away from home, I liked learning about goal setting and continue do so.
- I learned how to be a good leader by showing traits such as courtesy, respect and responsibility!
- I learned how to be an amazing leader and really push myself to try my hardest at everything I set my mind to.
- ... it's a great camp to go to because of the kind counsellors, great meals, and all of the incredibly fun games and activities.
- I had a blast and kayaking was my favourite activity. I was nervous about leaving home for the first time but I did not have time to miss home.
- ... it is the greatest thing ever, and it is one thing in life that is not to be missed out!
- It was awesome and you should go!
- I enjoyed the company of all of the counsellors. They always had such positive energy and a great outlook on life. I loved having time to really talk with them about my goals.
- All counsellors made me feel welcome and that I was at home!
- All of the counsellors made a positive difference. For me being the first one there all of the counsellors were so kind and welcoming!
- I liked the crafts I made!
- I learned how to swim!
- Low ropes was challenging and fun!
- During campfire, it was awesome...
- We got to make our own choices of what we wanted to do.
- I enjoyed cabin time and kayaking out to the beach along with swimming out to Kong Island.
- It was the best! The games so are fun! Overnight camp will never be better! It’s the best camp that exists.
New to Camp?
This section is for you!
- Wondering what’s FUN to do at Hidden Bay? See our ACTIVITIES
- Wondering what camp looks like? Watch our VIDEO, take a CAMP TOUR or see PHOTO ALBUM
- Wondering what other campers say about Hidden Bay? See WHAT CAMPERS SAY
- Wondering what a typical day looks like? Typical Overnight Typical Day
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DO I GET TO CHOOSE THE ACTIVITIES THAT I WANT?
Yes!! Everyday you get the opportunity to choose what you want to do from a minimum of six different activities, PLUS daily swimming, canoeing and kayaking.
CAN I BE IN THE SAME CABIN AS MY FRIENDS?
Absolutely! On your registration form, please fill in “attending with a friend” and include your friend’s name. We will do our best to accommodate you so that you have the most memorable time possible.
SO, WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
This will vary depending on what activities you are doing here!
Staying overnight? Bring a sleeping bag or sheets and blankets. We provide mattress covers and pillows. Don’t forget towels and toiletries, and slippers for inside Carnegie Hall if you want cozy feet as no shoes are allowed on inside.
Playing outside? Be sure to bring clothing suitable for the current weather conditions. In the summer bring shorts, t-shirts and don’t forget your bathing suit! Sun safety is important, so be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses. In the fall/spring be sure to bring rain gear and rain boots. In the winter, make sure you come prepared to be outside with your snow pants, jacket, gloves, head wear and enough warm layers to stay comfortable!
Specialty programs? Make sure you bring all the things you might need for the program you are doing. School trip? Bring you pen and pencils! Outdoor adventures? Bring appropriate (closed-toe) footwear for running around, and any personal gear that you have: we provide PFDs, paddles, boats, and all of the equipment for selected programs, but sometimes it is nicer to have your own gear.
Please keep in mind that we are an alcohol, tobacco and illicit drug -free facility.
CAN I BRING MY CD, MP3 PLAYER OR IPOD?
Hidden Bay is joining the growing movement in camping to provide an “unplugged” environment, where campers can enjoy the natural environment and develop relationships with other campers and staff, instead of worrying about the loss or damage of electronics. Please leave camera, cell phones, Ipods, etc. at home.
You can look forward to receiving a CD with camp pictures taken by our staff!
CAN I BRING A CELL PHONE TO CAMP?
We ask that you do NOT bring a cell phone to camp. If you want to communicate with friends or family, we suggest that you write letters home and ask others to write to you. Please feel free to give out the camp’s address; there is something so great about getting ‘snail’ mail!
WHAT IF I MISS MY PARENTS?
Missing home, parents, or friends can happen while you are at camp, however we have lots and lots of activities to keep you busy every day. It is important to let a Counsellor know how you are feeling; they are there to make sure that you are enjoying every moment at camp and having lots of fun! It’s OK to feel homesick and it’s very common, so please don’t feel silly or think that we won’t understand; even the Counsellors can feel homesick during the summer!!
WHAT IS A THEME DAY?
One day every session, the camp gets “taken over” by a theme day—Whether is it Peter Pan looking for his shadow, Lucky the Leprechaun looking for his pot of gold, or a superhero in search of her super power, campers and counselors alike dress up and take on new roles, in a group effort to solve the problem of the day!
WILL I HAVE FUN AT HBLC?
FOR SURE!! Every day will be a new adventure for you! You will have an amazing time meeting new friends, hanging out with the Counsellors, learning new skills and just having fun. Your time with us at Hidden Bay will be the best part of your whole summer!
Hidden Bay Outdoor Education Centre is pleased to offer exciting, educational and memorable Canadian experiences for visiting international school groups. Choose from one of our pre-programmed packages or work with us to develop a trip that meets your needs, from curriculum based learning programs, to teambuilding and leadership/character education, to fun-filled adventure based programs, all with a unique Canadian flair. From the moment you arrive at Pearson International Airport in Toronto, we will lead you on a Canadian adventure that can include:
- Toronto city highlights (CN Tower, Ontario Science Centre, Museums, Galleries, etc.)
- Outdoor Education at Hidden Bay Outdoor Education Centre
- Leadership Programs at Hidden Bay Outdoor Education Centre
- Outdoor and Experiential programs (canoe/kayak camping trips, snowshoe/cross-country skiing winter camping trips, high-ropes course and climbing wall activities, etc.)
We can arrange for airport pick-ups, all accommodations, transport and activities.
Please contact us for more information on how you can create in your own Canadian Adventure!